- Job Application
- Laws & Salary
- Studying & Internship
- Knowledge & Networks
- Company Interviews
Tourist Visa for China
The Chinese tourist visa is meant for short stays in China up to 30 days. As a general rule it can be extended locally for 30 days without a problem and is the first choice for travel and vacations.
To apply for a tourist visa for China the following documents and forms are required:
- Completed visa application
- Passport photo (preferably already attached to the application)
- Passport (valid for a minimum of 6 more months with an empty page for the visa)
- Booking confirmation for the international flights
- Proof of your place of residence in China. There are two options here:
- a) The complete hotel reservations (these must be in the name of the applicant)
- b) Have a private invitation from a person living in China. Copies of the inviting person’s identity documents must be attached. (For Chinese the ID-card, for foreigners living in China the copies of the photo page of their passport and the page with the China visa or residence permit.)
The filled out application has to be turned in personally with the attachments at the China Visa Application Service Center (CVASC). If you wish to apply for the visa by mail, visa agencies are available to assist. The company China Visum Express, for example, can help you get a China visa within 72 hours.Validity and duration of a Chinese tourist visa
The Chinese tourist visa is valid for 90 days and entitles you to a stay in China of up to 30 days. For applicants with relatives in China, tourist visas with a length of up to 90 are issued. As a rule the tourist visa can be extended locally at a police station (which is also a records office in China) one time for up to 30 days. A second extension is sometimes possible as an exception with good reasons.
The tourism visa application can be for a single entry into China, or for a higher visa charge, for two entries. For a double entry it should be noted that both entries must take place within 90 days after the visa is issued. This visa type is especially recommended if you are planning an excursion to Hong Kong, Macao or Vietnam and want to return back to China from there.
The processing time for a Chinese tourist visa usually takes 4 business days.
For additional questions and a personal consultation on the topic of a “Chinese tourist visa” the following visa agency, among others, is gladly at your service: China Visum Express