- Job Application
- Laws & Salary
- Studying & Internship
- Knowledge & Networks
- Company Interviews
Please check the following points in your resume:
- Font: Only a neutral, easily legible font, e.g. Arial, Times New Roman
- Font size: 11- or 12-point
- Line spacing: Single
- Dates: Uniform, e.g. 03/2015
Note: Highlight the sections with a larger font or bold text.
Note: For applications abroad you should provide the country code for the phone number - e.g. (+49) for Germany. Use a serious e-mail address with no nicknames or anything similar (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Upper right
Note: You should use a current photo and adhere to the conventions of the various industries.
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Optional: Nationality
- Name/ location of the company
- Duration of employment
- Primary past experiences and jobs
Note: Highlight the respective job title with a larger font and/or bolt text.
Education (academic and professional training)
- Job-relevant concentrations and good average grades
- Other information, e.g. periods abroad, military / civil service, etc.
Note: Highlight the diplomas, training qualifications and degrees with a larger font and/or bold text.
Skills and abilities
- Foreign languagesEDP skills
- Special permits, registrations or certificates
Note: Mention a maximum of 3-4 hobbies,and only those that could have a positive effect on your job performance.
Place, date and signature
Note: When the resume is finished, you should have your family member or your friend with native language skills perform a spelling and grammar check on your finished resume.
Attached: Common rating scale for foreign languages in the resume:
- Basic knowledge
- Good knowledgeVery good knowledge
- Fluent (you can communicate without problems)
- Business fluent (you can discuss and negotiate on complex topics)
- Native speaker