Home Office or office in Munich, Shanghai, Beijing, China, Deutschland
Festanstellungen Teilzeit, Festanstellungen Vollzeit, Freie Mitarbeit / Projektmitarbeit / Interims
two ten eight is a digital consultancy and activation agency based in Munich and Beijing. We have been helping German clients build a footprint in China for more than eight years. Our clients include well-known soccer clubs such as Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund as well as tourism destinations and brands like Zurich Airport, the Tourism Board of Munich, Wempe Jewelry and Marriott/Starwood Hotels. Please find more information on our website: www.twoteneight.com.
Social Media Editor for China / Soccer
two ten eight is seeking an editor to help lead social media efforts for our clients – leading German soccer teams and federations.
This editor is responsible for growing the audience on our clients’ existing social media accounts, as well as finding new audiences through social media. The ideal candidate is fluent in established and emerging social platforms in China, has a background in sports journalism, and knows how to build a social media community that is involved with the teams we represent in a meaningful way.
He or she reports to the account manager and works closely with the digital team, reporters, editors and photographers.
· Editor for one or more social media accounts, creating a voice for each
· Work with the soccer clubs to create social media content, including Weibo, WeChat, Toutiao, Dongqiudi, Douyin, Miaopai, Yizhibo and more
· Monitor the clubs’ international social media to identify content for Chinese fans
· Respond to messages on the social media accounts and engage with followers
· Find organic influencers and grass-roots fan clubs of the team in China and build long-term relationships with these KOLs for the clubs
· Coordinate social media coverage of live events
· Create small call-to-action campaigns
· Stay on top of social media trends
· Regularly analyze social metrics and prepare reports for newsrooms and management.
· A bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience including social media
· At least 1-2 years of sports editorial/journalism experience with a sports portal, a football club or a football league
· Strong writing, editing and communication skills and attention to detail
· An existing network of organic and paid sports influencers
· An In-depth knowledge and a passion for German soccer
· Knowledge of crafting small CTA-campaigns and interactive content
· Ability to work on tight and often overlapping deadlines
· Mandarin-speaker (mother tongue) with fluent oral and written English
· German language skills are a great plus
· Photo and video editing skills are a plus
Candidates can be based in China or in Europe and will initially be working from home.