Our Client is an international renowned company in Europe with more than 100 years history supplying hardware and software to ICT industry and computer/data centers. Because the current MD will be retired soon, we are looking for a Managing Director China at our China HQ and Factory in Taicang with more than 300 employees. The applicant MUST have worked as GM at an Western (US or European) multinational company and factory in China, preferably with experience selling to ICT industries, for example to Key Accounts Huawei and Siemens.
Managing Director China (太仓)
Managing Director China
Purpose of the position
We are looking for an experienced Managing Director (MD) to oversee our business operations and provide strategic leadership for China. As a part of the Global Leadership Team, the MD will be responsible for leading the Senior Management Team, managing the company’s P&L and grow our business successfully. In addition, the MD will be the main carrier of our company culture and values in China, which keep employees engaged and allows them grow in their career successfully.
• Lead, support and develop the Senior Management Team (Product Management, Finance,
HR, Sales, Business Development, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and Supply Chain) and the entire China Team - total currently 350+ employees.
• Ensure a sustainable, profitable growth of the company and 100% compliance with the local
and international laws and internal competency regulations (Code of Conduct and Employee Handbook).
• Manage the full P&L and Balance Sheet.
• Ensure an accurate, timely and transparent financial reporting according to company´s standard procedures and templates (monthly reporting, weekly sales forecasts, quarterly business forecasts, budgets, strategic plans, year-end closings etc.).
• Personally manage the largest key accounts in China like Huawei, Siemens, BMW and Volkswagen, and eventually some of the largest distributors.
• Personally get involved and negotiate in close cooperation with the China Sales Director in
large and/or strategically important customer projects.
• Ensure a proper and consequent implementation of the defined standard business
processes in all departments, allowing modifications only where necessary due to local laws and regulations.
• Establish and maintain the “Lean and Agile concepts” in all departments
• Ensure the success of the defined workstreams in China
• Establish and ensure pro-active and regular communication with the members of the
Corporate Leadership Team
• Manage company´s Talents via the various company programs and Talent Management Tools and processes
Education and working experience
− University degree (ideally in a field related to engineering, IT, manufacturing or business)
− A proven record of success in senior-level leadership positions
− Several years of working experience in international Western companies (US or European)
ideally in the manufacturing or logistics industry
Language and IT skills
− Chinese language at native level and understanding of the local culture
− Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
− Used to work with state-of-the art IT tools (MS Office 360, MS Teams, Skype, LinkedIn etc.)
− Leadership-, communication-, organizational-, presentation- and problem-solving skills
− Ability to explain complex topics in a simple and understandable way
− Strong emotional intelligence and the ability to understand the needs of people
− Ability to motivate people and drive employee engagement
− Integer, empathic personality with strong interpersonal skills, able to create trust and a winning spirit
− Integrity, honesty and transparency
− Positive basic attitude (entrepreneur in the enterprise)
− Customer and market minded personality
Working place, travel activities
− Taicang (Jiangsu Province, main location), Shanghai
− Extensive travelling within China and internationally