Welcome to Daimler Trucks and Buses, where we can honestly say that our purpose is to create added value for all who keep the world moving: Transportation is the backbone of our economy and of modern life! Without trucks and buses, factories would have nothing to produce, supermarkets would have nothing to sell, and people could not travel back and forth. Our approach is to make the world cleaner, safer, more efficient and more comfortable. We truly believe in the positive impact of our highly innovative technology and by developing our products, we take our responsibility seriously.
For us, the transformation of the transportation industry – be it Digitalization, Autonomous Driving or E-mobility – means that we have to reinvent ourselves continuously. Become part of it and contribute in an exciting role for our future global success in this fascinating industry!
Management Trainee - INspire Truck China Fuel Cell ePowertrain Engineering
Are you IN for transporting the future?
For our Leadership Talent Track, which is part of the INspire - Trucks & Buses Experience Programs, we are looking for trainees with the major subject ePowertrain & HV System who are passionate about working on the future success of Daimler Trucks & Buses.
What’s IN it for you? Take a look at our program highlights!
You will start your Leadership Talent Track within a pre-defined home area – the system design and Integration of ZEV components, which will be preparing you for your future role as a leader at Daimler Trucks & Buses.
As part of our global Inspire community, you will be given the opportunity to participate in interesting and valuable trainings. It is your chance to shape the future of commercial vehicles. Become one of our prestigious and highly demanded experts for NEV Trucks.
The center bundles all competencies for ePowertrain integration technologies in Daimler Trucks China. For us at Daimler Trucks China Zero Emission ePowertrains are both battery and Fuel Cell hybrid systems to meet our customers use cases to a maximum. With a system engineering approach, we are looking on the ePowertrain development and integration from different angels, from future concepts and strategies to system and component design and validation. Scanning the local market for suppliers who fulfill our requirements as well develop and validate with them components for the local and worldwide market is also part of our work. You will contribute in your field of expertise in areas such as system design, technology evaluation, product innovation, simulative environment and questions of efficiency lifetime and operating strategy – just to name a few . Scanning the regulations and requirements which this new technologies have to fulfill is part of the task. As well as designing, shaping and specifying components, systems and vehicles which are compliant to local rules and regulations. Being part of an international network a closed alignment with R&D in headquarter as well in other locations is mandatory. Eager to shape the shape the future of zero-emission vehicles with us? Passionate about eMobility and zero-emission technologies? Thank join us!
A culture of collaboration, co-creation and empowerment is the core of our success. You will have a lot of responsibility in actively driving your topics forward as well as implementing them. Afterwards you will have the possibility to shape the future of transportation by within three highly relevant projects before returning to home area.
The 18 months Leadership Talent Track offers you the following aspects:
- Work within different projects, also abroad
- Get to know our customers
- Build up an intercultural and social network
- Get access to various training offers, e.g. regarding our leadership culture
- Get support and guidance by your personal mentor
After 18 months of successful and intense training you will return to your home area. Your new skills, experiences and your global network will be supporting you on your journey a leadership position.
Knowledge and expertise in one of the following fields:
- Power Electronics / eMotor or Battery Technology or Fuel Cell Technology.
- This can be exemplary a master degree or higher with a major and/or a dedicated research work / professional experience in one of the fields above.
- Master degree or higher in Electric Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, E-Mobility, Mechatronics or comparable Engineering degree with a major in one of the field of expertise (or comparable).
- Fluent in written & spoken English (German would be beneficial).
- MS-Office advanced
- Interest in growing into a leadership position in the future
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Our expectations are that you either professionally worked and/or studied and/or researched in the field of expertise
- You are eager to learn and further deepen your knowledge and expertise
- Team spirit and strong communication skills to support and share your knowledge in a collaborative international environment
- You are visionary and innovative and you always have the whole picture and the customer in mind
What we would also appreciate:
- A start-up mentality, that means being enthusiastic, motivated and pragmatic
- You are willing to question the status quo with new ideas and perspectives
- Further we would appreciate if you bring in experience in the automotive/transport industry and/or system/vehicle engineering & design and/or to use software tools and simulative environment in your field.
Do you recognize yourself in this job postings? Then kick-start your career in the Inspire Track at Daimler Trucks China and become part of our Global engineering team!
Are you Inspired?
Start your career in the Leadership Talent Track of Daimler Trucks & Buses! Earliest starting date: 1st February 2022. Your entering date will be set individually.Please applicate until the 31st of October 2021!
We are looking forward to your application!
Of cause there are certain formalities for your application. Please do only applicate online and attach your CV, your motivation letter and your certificates to your application. (Max. size of attachments: 6 MB)