Interior Soft Trim Engineer
Objective of job
•China specific development/localization scopes for trim parts with the local/international suppliers as well as the collaboration with R&D headquarter and JV BBAC towards achieving technical feasibility, packaging in the vehicle interior environment, manufacturing feasibility, testing and homologation requirements.
•Your task is to integrate in our cross-functional team which forms an interface between our German headquarter of research and development, local and international suppliers and the JV BBAC. Your diverse tasks and responsibilities include the following:
-Lead the related parts development and localization project, project coordination and timeline tracking;
-Window person to RD Germany and suppliers, technical support to BBAC;
-China special parts development with suppliers, including special options, different version and new material etc…
-Ensure component functional tests are conducted according to the Daimler specification, evaluate the results and give release recommendation;
-Ensure the component change management and documentation are well maintain;
-Component Certification and homologation must fulfil the Chinese market and regulation requirements.
- Bachelor degree in mechanics, automotive engineering or relevant, master degree is preferred.
- Specific experience in trim parts development and project management. Working experience in cross functional teams, at least 3 years working experience in automotive industry (OEMs or part suppliers).
- Chinese native speaker with fluent English language skills, German language beneficial
- Good technical background about manufacturing process for plastic and metal components for interior as well surface material and assembly
- Computer skills mandatory, including Windows, Office, CAD - NX
- Self-responsible working attitude and initiative
- Intercultural competence and communication skills with various hierarchy levels
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- High commitment for automobiles
- Willingness to travel inside China and abroad to prepare and support launches at suppliers