Drivetrain E/E Hardware
Powertrain development specialist at RD China Drive System (RD C/D 1) – Team Electronic Engineering Hardware, Beijing, China
China is globally the fastest growing and largest market for Mercedes-Benz passenger cars. In order to fulfill the needs of the market and provide the best fitting products for China the local production volume as well as the research and development activities are continuously expending. This also reflect in the decisions for localization of future engine projects, new pure Electric vehicles and implementation of a second engine plant with further capacity for the Battery assembly in Beijing.
The RD Drive system department (RD C/D1) is part of Daimler Greater China’s (DGRC) Research & Development organization in Beijing. The department’s scope includes all powertrain related subsections issues and supporting China-specific developments.
The Powertrain Electronics teams are working hand in hand and responsible for all powertrain electronics hardware related issues within RD China, including vehicle with internal combustion engines (ICE), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) and Battery Electric vehicle (BEV).
- Engineering degree (Bachelor/Master), preferred Electronic Engineering or similar technical background e.g. mechanical & vehicle engineering etc.
- Enthusiasm for engineering, technology and innovations
- Experience in engine/battery development, focus on troubleshooting, testing, analysis and validation
- Expert/Specialist in powertrain hardware component/system development
- Confident and experienced in supplier management
- Motivated by mastering challenges
- Target oriented, enduring and self-dependent
- Supporting change, flexibility and improvement
- Intercultural interest, open minded and able to adopt
- Enjoying working as a team with young and highly motivated colleagues
- Fluent English
- German language skill is a plus
- Willingness for domestic and international business trip