JOIN US IN BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
ABOUT TESLA: Our mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. With global temperatures rising, the faster we free ourselves from fossil fuel reliance and achieve a zero-emission future, the better. In pursuit of this mission, we make electric vehicles that are not just great EVs, but the best cars, period.
We also produce and install infinitely scalable clean energy generation and storage products that help our customers further decrease their environmental impact. When it comes to achieving our goals, we pride ourselves in accomplishing what others deem impossible.
TESLA Energy Plan is to lead all aspects of new energy power generation, transfer, and use.
Car, pile, light, storage, and load are all connected by energy,
Seamlessly cooperating, freely switching, and unified experience.
Many loyal customers are cultivated by using the powerful energy ecosystem.
TO JOIN OUR PRODUCT R&D INNOVATION CENTER
POWERTRAIN AND ENERGY TEAM
DESIGNING THE FUTURE WITH TESLA
Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Power Electronics
Tesla’s Power Electronics group is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to perform mechanical design activities for our power converter products to be used in Tesla vehicle powertrains and energy storage products.
• Modeling and design of mechanical components and assemblies for power electronics converters including plastics, sheet metal, heat sinks, insulation systems, magnetic components, high voltage connectors, fasteners, and other components.
• Mechanical design analysis including thermal, CFD, structural, design for assembly, and design for test.
• Solve electronics packaging issues including electrical isolation, sealing, thermal management, interconnection, shock and vibration management, electromagnetic interference (EMI), RF communications, etc.
• Create drawing packages and manufacturing instructions for parts and assemblies.
• Assist in engineering prototype builds and component fabrication.
• Collaborate with other mechanical, systems, electrical, firmware, manufacturing, industrial design, and test engineers to take designs from prototype through mass production.
• BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred).
• Experience designing packaging for electronic assemblies including in-depth understanding of relevant component fabrication processes.
• Deep understanding of material science of components used in mechanical design (metals, insulators, plastics, connectors, gaskets, thermal interface materials, potting, etc.).
• Proficiency using 3D mechanical design and analysis tools (CATIA, ANSYS Icepak, StarCCM).
• Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of GD&T, finite element analysis, and design for reliability concepts.
• Experience using CATIA V5 and/or V6.
• Experience with PLM systems, engineering changes, deviations, BOM structuring, etc.
• Working knowledge of Matlab, Python and ANYSYS.
• Experience with environmental, reliability, safety, and industry standard requirements for automotive, industrial & residential products.
• Basic understanding of electrical design fundamentals.
• Experience with high volume manufacturing processes such as injection molding, stamping, diecast, etc.
• Familiarity with PCBAs and PCBA components