JOIN US IN BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
ABOUT TESLA: Our mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. With global temperatures rising, the faster we free ourselves from fossil fuel reliance and achieve a zero-emission future, the better. In pursuit of this mission, we make electric vehicles that are not just great EVs, but the best cars, period.
We also produce and install infinitely scalable clean energy generation and storage products that help our customers further decrease their environmental impact. When it comes to achieving our goals, we pride ourselves in accomplishing what others deem impossible.
TESLA Energy Plan is to lead all aspects of new energy power generation, transfer, and use.
Car, pile, light, storage, and load are all connected by energy,
Seamlessly cooperating, freely switching, and unified experience.
Many loyal customers are cultivated by using the powerful energy ecosystem.
TO JOIN OUR PRODUCT R&D INNOVATION CENTER
POWERTRAIN AND ENERGY TEAM
DESIGNING THE FUTURE WITH TESLA
Hardware Engineer, Battery Products
Tesla is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to design and develop electronics for use in our HV electronics systems. This individual will collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers to deliver best in class electrical architectures and products.
• Design and development of digital and analog electronics for control of battery electronic systems.
• Collaborative work with mechanical, firmware, software, thermal design, manufacturing test, and system test engineers.
• Start to finish ownership of control boards and other electronics – from specification to design, prototype, and manufacturing.
• Collaborate on controller architectural decisions to drive robust system design.
• Product level electrical design including component selection, branch circuit design, and insulation coordination.
• Support design reviews and DFMEAs.
• BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 4+ years relevant work experience.
• Experience in selection and use of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices (FPGA/CPLD) and their peripheral circuitry.
• Experience designing digital communication busses (CAN, Automotive/Industrial Ethernet, RS-485, USB, SPI, I2C, etc.).
• Experience designing board level power supplies (buck, boost, flyback, etc.).
• Experience with Altium or other schematic entry and PCB layout software.
• Experience in supervision of PCB layout, stack-up definition, and EMC optimization.
• Hands-on experience designing, building, and testing PCBs.
• Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.).
• Ability to tackle problems and reason using a first principles approach.
• Experience using LTspice, Python, and Matlab.
• Embedded programming of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices (FPGA/CPLD) .
• Familiar with Hardware-in-the Loop (HIL) validation platform.
• Experience working on high voltage, high power systems.
• General familiarity with basic control theory and digital implementation of controls.
• Experience in obtaining product safety certification through an NRTL (e.g. UL, CE, CSA, CCC, etc.).
• Knowledge of power semiconductors and switched mode power conversion.
• Basic understanding of mechanical design fundamentals.