Daimler AG is one of the world's most successful automotive companies. With its Mercedes-Benz Cars & Vans, Daimler Trucks & Buses and Daimler Mobility divisions, the Group is one of the leading global suppliers of premium cars and one of the world's largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles. Daimler Mobility offers financing, leasing, fleet management, investments, credit card and insurance brokerage as well as innovative mobility services.
Daimler Greater China Ltd. was founded in Beijing in 2001 and is responsible for the activities of Mercedes-Benz Cars and Vans, Daimler Trucks and Buses, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Mobility Services, the spare parts business, and research and development centers. With its high-quality products, customer-oriented services, continuous investments, and long-lasting alliances with strong local partners, Daimler Greater China steadily strives to prove its commitment to its Chinese customers.
Vehicle Signal EngineerObjective of Job:
As China is a growing market for passenger cars, we in Mercedes Benz strive to provide premium driving experience through advanced technologies to our China customers. We are currently looking for experienced experts who share the same passion and enthusiasm for driving Daimler’s technological development in China.
The Mercedes vehicles are equipped with various advanced senosories. Havesting and combining signals from such sensories can provide tremendous value to our customers. Therefore we are looking for experienced vehicle engineers, who has hands-on experience with the vehicle hardwares and measurement technologies. The candidate will be able setup the HW/SWs for harvesting and analyzing the signals from the sensories as well as develop new technologies with our global RD teams and local cooperation partners based on the singals.
Bring you strong will and knowledge, come and join us to shape the future of the Three-Pointed Star.Task Descriptions:
1. Market function owner of Data Collector. Tasks incl.
• Coordinating and executing the development activies of Data Collector for the China market, incl. requirement, testing and releasing.
• Communication with local suppliers on the reuirements, coordination on development activities like development drives, workshops etc..
• Driving the Cross-Department processes for realizing the function: with platform management, legal, joining various commitees etc.
• Monitoring market innovations of Data Collector and integrate such innovation into the Daimler function.
• Further activities which drives the development of Data Collector forward.
2. Vehicle component/Measurement Technologies(MT) integration for HD map. Tasks incl.
• Alignment of vehicle system architectures, signal architectures and HW/SW development status.
• Preparation of vehicle for joint research/validation activities, incl. integration of necessary Hardware/Software/MT in the vehicle for HD map.
• Preparation of MT for open-/close-loop HD map validation
• Support data assessment on the system level
• Analysis of signal defects on the in-vehicle-network
3. Coordinator of test activities for HD map, tasks incl.
• Maintaining the HD map testing activity plans in team internally
• Coordinating the HD map testing activities with other teams, E.g. system integration
4. Team vehicle management (FINAS/FEPLAS etc.), maintenance and organizing the necessary development modification to the team vehicle
5. Cross-team support
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrotechnic, Automation technology or similar course of studies
• Fluent English and Chinese is mandatory; German language knowledge is an advantage
• Minimum 3 years working experience at an Automotive company, in the near field of vehicle E/E development
• At least 1 year regular driving experience of passenger cars
• Longer stay in Germany or abroad (Business or education) is a plus
• Profound knowledge in the vehicle communication bus protocols, e.g. CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet etc.
• Expert knowledge of automotive measurement technonology, e.g. Vector, BluePirat
• Ability to drive the problem-solving process with high degree of persistence and patience
• Excellent communication skills and open personality
• Willingness to travel inside China and abroad on test drives