Expondo China with three offices in Shanghai, Hangzhou and Guangzhou is the 100% subsidiary of Expondo GmbH, which is headquartered in Berlin, Germany. Expondo with 300+ employees and yearly growth rates of 50% is one of the leading B2B Small and Medium Business platforms for professionals in Europe.
· The company modifies, procures, and sells expert niche products into major markets through a multi-channel distribution model.
· Develops and delivers own brands with high margins and unique quality products which separates Expondo from its' competitors.
· Profitable growth for every single year in business since the founding in 2009.
· Senior leadership staff which is committed to continuous growth and has direct experience in the eCommerce business.
Expondo is maintaining their Niche Industry Position in Four Major Verticals:
1) Foodservice Equipment & Services (FE&S)
2) Professional Tools
3) Industrial Equipment
4) Sport & Health
Our focus is to providing high quality products to users that enables them to have a remarkable product usage experience.
Quality Manager China – B2B Appliances - EcommerceDo you want to be part of a 40-60% annual growth?
Do you want to be part of a small team and manage the product quality along the end to end supply chain of a fast growing business with three locations in China and Europe servicing the EU market ?
Do you want to strengthen the voice of the customer and use insights to improve our supplier product quality ?
- A key position with great opportunity to make a difference and be highly creative in a fast moving E-commerce environment !
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering product quality improvements year on year and integrate the existing teams activities for product testing & approvals, Quality Control & Assurance and Supplier Quality Enabling.
He/she will be the worldwide Go-To person for all quality topics for our management he/she will coach the related teams in China and in Europe in all related quality topics.
Manages product quality end-to-end together with our suppliers:
- In consultation with the Management, objectives, policies, processes on short and long term, makes sure that the company Objectives and Key Results can be met.
- To lead and manage process changes and projects across cross functional teams and locations, such as implementation of digitized pre-shipment-inspection and implementation of a companywide QMS.
- Develop and direct quality strategies throughout organization that promote efficient, agile, and compliant processes for product launch including collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver innovative consumer-driven activities (consumer understanding and retail study) to meet consumer needs and reach market faster.
- Other related tasks to be assigned.
To succeed in this role you must have:
- A master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Production Management or such with Quality Management exposure from a reputable university
- You should have 10+ years working experience in a leading international company, with experience in B2B and industrial appliances, professional kitchen appliance, power tools or such
- Western National with Fluent English communication and capability to mastering the Mandarin language because most of our team members and suppliers communicate in Mandarin
- Experience in working directly with suppliers in China
- Ability to work in remote leadership role due to situation that team members are based in several locations in China and Poland
- Extensive experience managing supplier quality responsible people in China
- Experiences with quality of electronic components, various production processes (metal, plastic injection molding, assembly)
- Understanding of production processes and experience advising factories on proper QC processes (IQC, IPQC, FQC, etc.)
- Experience working in international company, in managerial position across multiple teams, projects and products
- Strong management sense and is willing to further develop management skills and responsibility
- Significant deep experience with statistical analysis and data
- Report and hand all issues in a professional manner
- Able to coordinate various quality issues and update on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal & communication and training skills
- Honest, keen in details, hard working, team player and responsible
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure
- Able to travel around Guangdong frequently
- Industrial appliance, B2B appliances and tools domain knowledge
- Experience in applying Quality methods such as 6Sigma, ISO9000, 5Why, Ishikawa, etc.
- Product Engineering, Product Design & Development, Testing exposure
- Patent procedures and exposure
Technical/Team Management Competency:
- Management experience
- Statistic and Engineering data analysis
- Supplier management
- Project management exposure- Milestones, Cost, Quality, Time
- Experience in working with OKR methodology is an asset
Other Competencies :
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong analytical ability, time management, interpersonal relationship, communication, creativity.
A competitive salary compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Very collaborative team culture, an opportunity to join in a top brand house in the retail industry and being part of an agile team in the region plus the exposure to the company in EU in a fast growing market is an attractive part of the role.