Expondo China with three offices in Shanghai, Hangzhou and Guangzhou is the 100% subsidiary of Expondo GmbH, which is headquartered in Berlin, Germany. Expondo with 300+ employees and yearly growth rates of 50% is one of the leading B2B Small and Medium Business platforms for professionals in Europe.
The company modifies, procures, and sells expert niche products into major markets through a multi-channel distribution model.
Develops and delivers own brands with high margins and unique quality products which separates Expondo from its' competitors.
Profitable growth for every single year in business since the founding in 2009.
Senior leadership staff which is committed to continuous growth and has direct experience in the eCommerce business.
Expondo is maintaining their Niche Industry Position in Four Major Verticals:
1) Foodservice Equipment & Services (FE&S)
2) Professional Tools
3) Industrial Equipment
4) Sport & Health
Purchasing Manager B2B Retail Guangzhou
- Manage supplier strategy implementation across product verticals
- Improve commercial terms and contract situation with existing suppliers
- Coach cross functional product vertical teams merchandising teams with facts based analysis for negotiation
- Align with other offices across China and implement Objectives and Key Results
- Support the continuous organizational development in our offices, support the team with operational experience and coaching
- Develop and onboard new suppliers, develop new products
- Renegotiate existing contracts and agreements together with the assigned Procurement specialists and merchandisers
- Take over various projects and activities in South china upon individual assignment
- Western nationality
- 10 years work experience in China in leading operational roles in western companies with retail, or in the trading sector, OEM/ODM or international sourcing offices
- Proven track record of driving changes and growth in former companies
- Profound experience in Purchasing and Supply Chain, Quality management
- Excellent negotiation skills to discuss with Chinese companies about best business terms
- Background in cost analysis and should costing for finished goods
- Strong intercultural coaching and communication skills
- Be able to cope with a fast moving e-commerce company
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Results driven with a strong hands on drive to get things done
- Willingness to travel all lover China, our offices and our suppliers
- Degree in business administration or engineering technical background
- English skills and good Chinese capabilities, German as a good additional factor
Work location Guangzhou