International Business Advisory Associate / Senior Associate, German Desk
• Meet independently or as a team with existing or potential clients to introduce DSA’s services, to discuss client needs, and to advise on strategic business legal, tax, accounting and IT issues affecting their business plans;
• Prepare service proposals and legal contracts and follow up with potential or existing clients to conclude agreements for the provision of services;
• Serve as a representative of Dezan Shira at business and community events;
• Expand DSA’s client base and consolidate its partnerships basis locally and internationally as needed;
• Conceive of and develop new services together with colleagues.
Project and Account Management
• Research and stay up to date with China foreign direct investment, legal, tax, and accounting regulations and prepare to discuss the application of such research to the client’s situation;
• Through internal discussions and project coordination, work with colleagues to finally deliver services to clients;
• Assist in coordinating deliverables and managing client relationships;
• Systematically communicate with clients about their needs and assist in flagging problems, finding opportunities and/or assist in reaching a desired outcome, where possible;
• Further develop and implement a practical German Desk strategy in coordination with German speaking colleagues, partners, clients, German-speaking business community locally and abroad.
Public Relations and Communication
• Develop articles and deliver presentations on matters of foreign investment in China and SE Asia independently or together with teams from the firm (editorial or same team);
• Coordinate and develop relationships with local and international professional firms and organizations to further promote Dezan Shira’s services to increase its and Asia Briefing’s exposure (among others, brand, publications and websites);
• Contribute to and/or oversee German language Asia Briefing publications and websites in coordination with German speaking colleagues and partnerships;
• Travel locally and internationally to attend/lead events and seminars to promote the firm’s services, develop and maintain relationships with international professional firms and networks for the purpose of business referrals.
Educational background and technical knowledge
• Bachelor degree or higher;
• Three to five years of professional work or internship experience;
• Accounting and tax knowledge (local or international);
• Legal knowledge related to international trade, FDI;
• Awareness of Chinese legal, tax, and financial matters highly desirable.
• Excellent spoken and written English and comfortable in presentations;
• Excellent/native spoken and written German and comfortable in presentations (applicants who are German natives highly desirable);
• Business-level Chinese language reading and speaking skills is a plus;
• Additional European language skills, is a plus.
• Ability to work individually and in team within a multicultural team and with western business leadership;
• Focused and accurate; ability to work as a excellent team player;
• Professional business demeanor and attitude;
• Effective and persuasive communication;
• Inclined to and initiative driven; ability to initiate projects and think proactively;
• IT knowledge or IT consulting experience for SMEs, is a plus.
Location, Start Date, and Salary
• Shanghai office
• Starting date: ASAP
• Local contract (PRC contract)
• Salary is negotiable depending on working experience and educational background