Expondo China with three offices in Shanghai, Hangzhou and Guangzhou is the 100% subsidiary of Expondo GmbH, which is headquartered in Berlin, Germany. Expondo with 300+ employees and yearly growth rates of 50% is one of the leading B2B Small and Medium Business platforms for professionals in Europe.
The company modifies, procures, and sells expert niche products into major markets through a multi-channel distribution model.
Develops and delivers own brands with high margins and unique quality products which separates Expondo from its' competitors.
Profitable growth for every single year in business since the founding in 2009.
Senior leadership staff which is committed to continuous growth and has direct experience in the eCommerce business.
Expondo is maintaining their Niche Industry Position in Four Major Verticals:
1) Foodservice Equipment & Services (FE&S)
2) Professional Tools
3) Industrial Equipment
4) Sport & Health
Our focus is to providing high quality products to users that enables them to have a remarkable product usage experience.
Development Manager China – B2B Appliances - Ecommerce
Do you want to be part of a 40-60% annual growth?
Do you want to apply the V-model to introduce product changes, feature upgrades and new Industrial Designs?
Do you want to listen to customer needs and tailor-create product solutions?
- A key position with great opportunity to make a difference and be highly creative in a fast moving E-commerce environment !
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering product and feature solutions based on customer input with Innovation; specify the required specifications and changes within target product cost, time, quality and performance parameters of a wide range of our B2B products range and providing technical support to selected manufacturers to implement designs and design changes in China.
He/she will be the Go-To person for all development & design related topics and he/she will coach the related teams in China and in Europe in technical understanding and creating buy-in in the new process and of Product design development and feature design.
Manages end-to-end design new products or new design features and feeding specific testing methods or requirements to the Testing team and align details with Marketing:
- In consultation with the Management, objectives, policies, processes on short and long term, makes sure that the company Objectives and Key Results can be met.
- To lead and manage the design for new feature and industrial topics development projects within technical feasibility, target cost & time plan
- He/she will be focusing on delivering new technologies and feature ideas and guide the cross functional team in creating Intellectual Properties
To Succeed in this role you must have:
- A master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics with Design exposure from a reputable university
- You should have 10+ years working experience in a leading international company, with experience in B2B and industrial appliances, professional kitchen appliance, power tools or such
- Fluent English communication, capability in mastering the Mandarin language will be a big plus because most of our suppliers communicate in Mandarin
- Experience in working suppliers in China
- Industrial appliance, B2B appliances and tools domain knowledge
- Experience in applying the V-Development Model
- Product Design & Development, Prototype Development, Testing exposure
- Patent procedures and exposure
Technical/Team Management Competency:
- Management experience
- Electromechanical product Engineering Design
- Industrial Design review
- Statistic and Engineering data analysis
- Supplier management
- Direct experience with various CAD software
- Project management exposure- Milestones, Cost, Quality, Time
- Experience in working with OKR methodology is an asset
Other Competencies :
- Stakeholder Management
- Analytical ability, time management, interpersonal relationship, communication, creativity.
Competitive salary compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Very collaborative team culture, an opportunity to join in a top brand house in the retail industry and being part of an agile team in the region plus the exposure to the company in EU in a fast growing market is an attractive part of the role.