You will organise and supervise the smooth running of our six-staff multilingual office. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Documentation: organize and digitize all documents according to hbs document management system. Review, improve and
manage office databases and calendars.
2. Financial management: cooperate with finance coordinator, prepare online-banking payments, make preliminary/first reviews
on project financial reports, responsible for cash payments.
3. Administration: support program staff with project administration, liaise with service providers e.g. computer maintenance,
property management/landlord and take care of other daily office administration tasks.
4. Correspondence and secretarial support: assist team and director with phone calls and translations of documents, manage
the office’s public email account, observe domestic news and assist the office director during preparations for
5. Travel and logistics: Organise and coordinate logistical support for meetings. Organise business trips for staff, partners or
guests/experts from Germany and assist visitors; book flights and hotels, liaise with travel agents and prepare travel
6. Procurement and maintenance: liaise with repair companies, drivers and so on.
1. Bachelor or other degree in English or German language studies, business, administration or related field.
2. Chinese: native level; German: fluency/high professional proficiency (able to translate German documents into Chinese, liaise
with the foundation’s headquarters in German); English: good professional working proficiency (able to conduct office
correspondence in English and contribute to meetings).
3. Two years professional experience with one year experience in office management or a similar position, preferably in an
international company or organisation.
4. Command of standard office computer programmes.
5. Ability to work on own initiative, act proactive and anticipate needs.
6. Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
7. Strong organizing ability, attention to detail, diligence and reliability.
8. Interest in international exchange/cooperation and public affairs (social, environmental, economic and political issues) and
capability to adapt to a multicultural team.